Saturday, 27 December 2008

Merry Christmas

Happy Christmas everyone... We hope you had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. We are on 24/7 hour holiday I know, but the last week has just seemed more like a holiday. Everything here really does wind down. We went out early one evening to see the Christmas lights. There is a competition for the best lights – most houses here don’t put up any lights and some go really crazy with lights – unlike the UK where almost everyone puts up something cheerful.
We spent Christmas eve with friends and had a lovely meal with them. On Christmas day we went to friends for breakfast and spend a lovely day with them and Abi had a ball playing with their son, Luke. Luke and Abi are now great friends and today we went up to Noosa Heads and spent the day together again. First we went to a big (and busy) market at Eumundi. This is a really good market with lots of interesting things to look at – crafts, art, jewellery, clothes, furniture, music, food – I am sure we will be back – its over 100km from Brisbane, so you really have to make a day of it. Then we went to the beach. Beautiful white sands stretching for miles, lovely and clean and the kids had a ball.
No luck at last Friday’s interview – I’m overqualified – I suppose there are worse reasons to be turned down for a job... we will pick up the job search when we return from our holiday to South Africa.
Here are some pictures from the last few days...
***
Christmas Breakfast - Yum

***
Abi's Christmas present - she is loving this and plays with it just about all the time...

***
Beach! Here I Come!

***
Abi on the beach - isn't it fantastic?!

***
The Photographer - this will keep Abi occupied for ages too

No comments: