Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Holiday in South Africa

OK – I AM BACK – PC setup, photos downloaded and jetlag well over… I hope I was missed – all comments are read and appreciated – keeps me motivated to keep up this blog to know you are reading it!!!

Seems like ages ago now that we left for our holiday in South Africa. We had a wonderful holiday and it was super to spend time with family and friends. My Dad’s 70th birthday was a very special celebration and we made the most of the time spent together. The flights there and back were just bearable (10/11 hours with a 4/6 hour stopover in Singapore plus a 7/8 hour flight) – with Abi being very good taking everything into consideration. We arrived in Jo-burg and spent 2 nights there. We spent a great time with family and friends. It was very strange being in Jo-burg again. It must be at least 5 years since we have been there – and with general vegetation growth, buildings shooting up everywhere and road name changes(!) - a trip I did to work every day for many years confounded me… I am glad not to be living in Jo-burg anymore – for the first time I did not feel safe/comfortable. The drive down to my Dad in Stutterheim took about 9 hours. Again – Abi being so very patient and us making a few stops along the way – we even had to do the ‘roadside toilet stop’ for her! We spent a week in Stutt, my sister, her hubby and 2 girls were there too from the UK – and the kids had a ball playing together. We then drove to Cape Town with an overnight stop in Knysna on the way. Then spent a week in Cape Town – my sister was there some of the time too and again it was lovely to have the family together. I caught a tummy bug in Knysna, so spent the first 2 days in CT in bed – and the rest of the time with no appetite, feeling weak and poorly. Still – it was great to have my mothers love and care at the same time – and we had a lovely stay in Cape Town and I even managed some shopping – some things have to be done even when one is feeling weak.

Back in Oz now for over a week and most of the time has been spent unpacking boxes and sorting out our new home. I will post some pictures of the house when it has some semblance of order about it.

Isn't South Africa beautiful!!!


My wonderful Dad:


Abi Having a ball on the beach...


The birthday cake:


Abi and my Mom having fun together:

No comments: